Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
4 Big East schools make regionals--softball
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
4 Big East schools make regionals--softball
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Following an exciting 2008 BIG EAST Softball Championship in which six games were decided by two runs or less, four conference squads have received invitations to play in the 27th annual NCAA Softball Championship, set to begin May 16-18 on campus sites.

DePaul, USF, Notre Dame and Louisville will represent the conference in the NCAA Championship. This is the first time in the league’s 19-year history that four teams will participate in the tournament. The league had previously sent a trio of teams three times, including the 2007 season, when the Blue Demons, the Fighting Irish and the Cardinals all received bids.
05-12-2008 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: 4 Big East schools make regionals--softball
Baseball (softball) is my favorite sport, so it does my good heart good to know the conference is improving in that sport. Good luck guys! On a side note, this is why I would like to see Notre Dame play at least a partial Big East schedule. In all other sports Notre Dame and the Big East are like family, but Notre Dame football just creates a huge divide in the conference.

Quote:DePaul, USF, Notre Dame and Louisville will represent the conference in the NCAA Championship. This is the first time in the league’s 19-year history that four teams will participate in the tournament. The league had previously sent a trio of teams three times, including the 2007 season, when the Blue Demons, the Fighting Irish and the Cardinals all received bids.

The new schools have added a HUGE dose of energy and credibility to the Big East. Our non-revenue sports have boosted the Big East, one of the new schools helped improve the Big East's national profile by going to a BCS game, College World Series, and Elite Eight in a one year span (take a bow Louisville), and now Softball!
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2008 06:16 PM by CatsClaw.)
05-12-2008 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
RE: 4 Big East schools make regionals--softball
Even this Louisville homer :homer: :homer: :homer: is wondering how in the heck UofL made it in with a 30-21 record. 03-shhhh

We seemed just a little above average all year, and didn't even make the Big East Tourney Championship game on our home field.
05-12-2008 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.