Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Week 2 Predictions
army56mike Online

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Week 2 Predictions
UCons over Temple (but they'll have to cheat again to do it)04-rock
Oklahoma over Cincy (but only cause' it's a roady)03-weeping
The Ville over TN Tech 4-3. Cards D holds Teck to a FG and the Tech O scores two safties to give UofL the win04-rock
Cuse over Akron (but I won't be surprised if the Orange lose based on this season for the BEast.)04-rock
ECU over WVU (I called this one early on, but since their big upset of VT, I won't be surprised to see an ECU let down game.)03-weeping
Pitt over Buffalo (surely there is enough pride in the Steel City to not lose this game.)04-rock
USF over UCF (the Bulls roll the Knights like an itty bitty booger and flick them away)04-rock
09-03-2008 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Week 2 Predictions
army56mike Wrote:ECU over WVU (I called this one early on, but since their big upset of VT, I won't be surprised to see an ECU let down game.)03-weeping
Pitt over Buffalo (surely there is enough pride in the Steel City to not lose this game.)04-rock
WRONG!!! 05-mafia

WVU will win and cover the spread. I bet Wannstedt blows another one to the MAC too...
09-03-2008 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
UConn 27 Temple 14 - this will shut up the critics who said they "cheated" to win

West Virginia 31 East Carolina 21 - This isn't Virginia Tech, WVU can put up points in a hurry.

Syracuse 15 Akron 13 - I think Syracuse guts out a much needed win. It wouldn't shock me to see Akron pull this out though

Louisville 34 TN Tech 7 - The Cards offense gets back on track

Pittsburgh 41 Buffalo 17 - Pitt got their wake-up call last week

South Florida 28 UCF 17 - To many USF weapons for UCF

Cincinnati 27 Oklahoma 24 - Tough, physical game. Cincinnati's defense can control the game and could put some points on the board. The key is whether or not Cincinnati's offense can protect the ball and move the ball. If they do that, Cincinnati wins.
09-03-2008 05:56 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
UConn 24 Temple 17

West Virginia 30 East Carolina 23

Syracuse 14 Akron 19

Louisville 23 TN Tech 10

Pittsburgh 31 Buffalo 17

South Florida 34 UCF 13

Cincinnati 24 Oklahoma 33
09-03-2008 06:36 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Winners:
Uconn
WVA
UofL
Pitt
USF

Losers:
UC
SU

BE: 5-2

Possible upsets:
UC over OU
ECU over WVA
09-03-2008 08:11 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
A cincy win here would be about as big for this conference as WVU winning the fiesta bowl. We desperately need a 3rd and 4th team in the top 25. Cincy had a great season last year, but they still need that signature OOC win like we had at Auburn last year to really cement them in peoples minds.
09-03-2008 08:52 PM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
If UC beats Oklahoma then wins the Big 12 we can all say they won their conference and would finish no better than 3rd in ours.

Pitt will win Saturday and probably beat Iowa the week after. Then in typical fashion will crap the bed against Syracuse.
09-03-2008 11:28 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Temple 24 UConn 21

West Virginia 27 East Carolina 17

Akron 24- Syracuse 6

Louisville 28 TN Tech 3

Pittsburgh 45 Buffalo 10

South Florida 35 UCF 21

Cincinnati 44-41 2OT
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2008 11:32 PM by ClairtonPanther.)
09-03-2008 11:31 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I got

UConn
Cincy
Akron
Louisville
Buffalo
UCF<--picking the major upset.
09-04-2008 12:37 AM
Shafes Offline
Water Engineer

After last week, I wasn't sure if my glass was half full or half empty... So I decided to simply refill it. I'll go with the clean sweep. (Thank God I'm not a betting man!)

UConn 24 Temple 10 - The press underrates UConn, their fans overrate them. But they are more than good enough for this game.

West Virginia 35 East Carolina 17 - Sorry ECU, your fairytale lasts one week. WVU has too much offense.

Louisville 24 TN Tech 10 - The offense can't be that bad, can it?

Pittsburgh 31 Buffalo 28 - Not as good as the critics made them out to be, but the talent has to show through sooner or later, right? ... anyone? right? ... Bueller?

South Florida 42 UCF 17 - USF is a legitimate contender. UCF is not.

Cincinnati 21 Oklahoma 10 - Have to go with my heart on this one... Bearcats will clog the passing lanes and repeat the 7 turnover performance that occured against last year's week 2, Oregon St.

Syracuse 14 Akron 10 - I'm just stubborn.
09-04-2008 01:10 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Shafes Wrote:West Virginia 35 East Carolina 17 - Sorry ECU, your fairytale lasts one week. WVU has too much offense.
but do you really think they have that much defense? Our offense put up more than that on a VT who has a top 10 defense every year. Villinova even put up more than that on WV.
09-04-2008 01:39 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I'm not sure about the defense. I do know ECU will face a totally different defensive lineup than Villanova did. Casteel is shuffling folks around to find the best combo. You'd better hope he doesn't find it prior to Saturday... 05-mafia
09-04-2008 06:06 AM
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Im here to tell u that WVU is about to see a different ECU defensive unit. That unit they have over at ECU is tough as hell and play some hard nose football. Not to mention their offensive line is BIG and very TOUGH... I think this could be and upset for ECU that'll put them into the Top 25 in next weeks polls
09-04-2008 11:35 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
GrayBeard Wrote:I got

UConn
Cincy
Akron
Louisville
Buffalo
UCF<--picking the major upset.

Arrggghhh!!!! 03-hissyfit Now this is going to end up on some bulletin board in the USF locker room.
09-04-2008 12:06 PM
Shafes Offline
Water Engineer

StillJonesing Wrote:but do you really think they have that much defense? Our offense put up more than that on a VT who has a top 10 defense every year. Villinova even put up more than that on WV.

The WVU game wasn't televised in my area, so I don't know exactly how things occured. But I always take 4th quarter points in a blow out with a grain of salt (one was with 1 second left!). So those 14 points they scored don't mean too much to me.

If you manage to wear down the WVU defense with the same 62%-38% time of possession advantage as Villanova, you need to be worried because it means WVU is probably opening up the big plays on you. Which means your defense is not doing enough.

And now for the ECU/VTU game... Let me start by saying that you beat VTU hands down. I'm not going to try to take that away from you. But I'm not going to praise your offense just yet. It was a strong complete team effort. Here's why.

One of your four touchdowns was not against their defense, and one was a thrilling one yard drive, set up by your defense. So please don't act like your offense ran up the score. If you take away the one yard touchdown gimmie, then you had two touchdowns on 368 yards of offense. That's working really hard for those two touchdowns. And that's not how to consistantly win games. In my opinion, your defense and special teams beat VTU just as much as your offense did. Yards of offense mean very littlle without scoring results. Several teams have defenses that flex, but rarely break.

MadEagle Wrote:Im here to tell u that WVU is about to see a different ECU defensive unit. That unit they have over at ECU is tough as hell and play some hard nose football. Not to mention their offensive line is BIG and very TOUGH... I think this could be and upset for ECU that'll put them into the Top 25 in next weeks polls

With no disrespect to the ECU defense, I don't think adjustments will slow them down that much. It's gonna take a few WVU unforced, offensive errors. Or a total ECU offensive explosion. The only times WVU doesn't score a lot is when Pat White and crew get a case of the butterfingers (see UC, UL, USF, and Pitt from '07).

I won't argue whether or not ECU is a good team. They are. Are they top 25? Heck, I don't know. It's only week 2! That's the advantage to being recent powers like VTU and WVU. They will get the benefit of the doubt early on.

ECU beat a good team in week one, but almost everyone views it more as VTU being overrated, and not ECU being underrated. It sucks, I know. I'm a Cincy fan. It takes a lot of consecutive wins to get properly recognized.

Just my perspective... sorry for rambling.
09-04-2008 01:40 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

All I'll say about WVU's offense going up against the ECU defense is this... WVU's first team offense scored every time they touched the ball against Villanova after the first possession. Let me repeat that... after WVU's first team offense punted on the first possession, they scored every time they touched the ball.

You heard right. If you give WVU the ball, they'll score every time. Can ECU say that?
09-04-2008 03:57 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

StillJonesing Wrote:
Shafes Wrote:West Virginia 35 East Carolina 17 - Sorry ECU, your fairytale lasts one week. WVU has too much offense.
but do you really think they have that much defense? Our offense put up more than that on a VT who has a top 10 defense every year. Villinova even put up more than that on WV.

Don't fall into that trap. There are to many examples of a national power struggling against a clearly inferior team and the someone saying "oh, well they're not that good". Probably because WVU wasn't completely motivated to play them. I mean, really, if WVU took Villanova as seriously as they took Oklahoma or Georgia or anyone else that game may be been 72-0.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 04:26 PM by CatsClaw.)
09-04-2008 04:25 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Kirk Herbstriet & Phil Steele have picked the Pirates to win among others.
09-04-2008 04:39 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

StillJonesing Wrote:Kirk Herbstriet & Phil Steele have picked the Pirates to win among others.

Good for them. I'm pretty sure they predicted UC to lose to Oregon State and for South Florida to get hammered by Auburn. They also expected West Virginia to get their @sses handed to them by Oklahoma and Georgia. Their opinion is about as valid as ours at this point.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 04:45 PM by CatsClaw.)
09-04-2008 04:43 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

CatsClaw Wrote:
StillJonesing Wrote:Kirk Herbstriet & Phil Steele have picked the Pirates to win among others.
Good for them. I'm pretty sure they predicted UC to lose to Oregon State and for South Florida to get hammered by Auburn. They also expected West Virginia to get their @sses handed to them by Oklahoma and Georgia.
That's right. They both picked Georgia and Oklahoma. They also picked WVU to beat Pitt by a landslide last year. They have a history of being wrong about the Mountaineers. That guarantees a victory for West Virginia.
09-04-2008 04:46 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.