Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
This guy thinks the Big East stinks
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
This guy thinks the Big East stinks
http://newsok.com/article/3293713/

Maybe someone should inform him of the bowl record.
09-06-2008 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: This guy thinks the Big East stinks
Ignore him. He's just some staff writer trying to stir up controversy so he can get attention.
09-06-2008 08:12 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Feel free to beat the dog crap out of them and see what he has to say tomorrow.
09-06-2008 08:19 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
My email to the turd, feel free to send away your response: btramel@oklahoman.com

Are you just trying to get your name out there too? I know of many prominent writers across the country we’ll start with Pat Forde and Rick Bozich right here in my hometown (Courier Journal) We can go on with others like Bob Ryan, Mike Lupica, and many others, but you sir I’ve never heard your name among ever. W

When you pose the quote “Big East sucks” yes we had a bad week, but when you go on to stretch that into last year and extend it with West Virginia should have left for the ACC, you fail to remember we’ve been good since the beginning of the new Big East, and only last week has our conference shown a low point. I remember not to long ago your conference “sucking” when Texas was carrying the WHOLE conference.

So you sir, to ask guys "who is in our conference?", and mock it afterwards, need to ask yourself, does anybody know who is Barry Tremmel? (I would have spelled your name correctly if I knew who you were)

Sincerely,

Longtime Card Fan

And

Big East Supporter
09-06-2008 08:34 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I read that article....man, the guy was brutal.

It's funny....we had two really good years and nobody gives props and then we have ONE bad week last week and everyone says, "a-ha...I knew you sucked all along!".....

And how about some of the OU players, when asked what conference Cincy is from....one of them said "Pac 10"???? Duuude.....are you serious? Let's see, Cincinnati, OH.....Pacific 10...um, okay.
09-06-2008 08:36 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I'm going to write him as well.....
09-06-2008 08:43 AM
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
It's pretty easy to take the best team out of a conference and say, "see they aren't that good, nevermind the fact that there best team should have been in the national championship and just slapped our team around in the Fiesta Bowl".

Let's try it with the Big Ten last year, aside from Ohio State. Oh wow, the second place team lost 4 games last year, and the third place team lost to Appalachian State!

It makes it even easier to take out a team and rip the rest when it's an 8 team league, obviously there's going to be more good teams in an 11 or 12 team league.
09-06-2008 08:50 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I just emailed him.....
09-06-2008 08:54 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

Barry's response, must not have much on his plate, since he responded so quickly....yet not much of a response either, still swallowing some crow I guess

Danny: Thanks for writing.
09-06-2008 09:03 AM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Four ranked teams last year and the Big East is weak. Amazing. At least we'll have a chance to send a message to the Big 12 this year (UC at Oklahoma, Kansas at South Florida and WVU at Colorado, Kansas State at Louisville).
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2008 09:13 AM by CatsClaw.)
09-06-2008 09:10 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

CatsClaw Wrote:Four ranked teams last year and the Big East is weak. Amazing. At least we'll have a chance to send a message to the Big 12 this year (UC at Oklahoma, Kansas at South Florida and WVU at Colorado, Kansas State at Louisville).

I see 3 out of 4 there in wins for us, if UC can keep it close today that would be a big setback for our man Berry in comparing the B12 to B East.

Yes, I ACTUALLY see us getting it together enough to beat KSU.
09-06-2008 09:27 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I sent a quick follow up:

Thanks for reading. I wanted to follow up, if we take care of business in the upcoming matchups, will you write a follow up story about our conference and forward on to my email so I can make sure we all read it. If we tank in all of them feel free to do the same for that story as well, we can take it if it truly is factual. Please don't forget we only have 8 teams in our conference less room for slip ups.

As bad at it looked last week I see the following happen, your thoughts?

UC lose to OU in a competitive game
WVU over Colorado at Colorado
UL over KSU at UL
USF over Kansas at USF

Thats 3 out 4 for us, we will wait and see.
09-06-2008 09:33 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Who cares what some moron in Oklahoma thinks. He'll get his come-uppance when his beloved Sooners fall on their face to another BEast... 05-mafia
09-06-2008 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
dgrace4cards Wrote:I sent a quick follow up:

Thanks for reading. I wanted to follow up, if we take care of business in the upcoming matchups, will you write a follow up story about our conference and forward on to my email so I can make sure we all read it. If we tank in all of them feel free to do the same for that story as well, we can take it if it truly is factual. Please don't forget we only have 8 teams in our conference less room for slip ups.

As bad at it looked last week I see the following happen, your thoughts?

UC lose to OU in a competitive game
WVU over Colorado at Colorado
UL over KSU at UL
USF over Kansas at USF

Thats 3 out 4 for us, we will wait and see.

Actually the way I see it.

UC over OU today
WVU over Colorado
KSU over UL
USF over Kansas

still 3/4. K Sate is an alright program and UL has more problems than Pitt right now. Not taking a shot at UL as they with WVU and USF carried the banner the past few years.
09-06-2008 09:41 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I'm not concerned if Louisville falls to KState. The Cards season is going to be another frustrating one, it looks like. I could be wrong. But if they don't start blocking better, they won't gain many yards. Oddly enough, their defense looked pretty good. But the offense stunk.

However, as long as Oklahoma loses to UC and WVU stomps Colorado - at their home fields, and USF rolls over Kansas at home, I'm happy as a clam... 04-cheers
09-06-2008 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Yea I agree. With UC bout to win today it'll get alot of these Pundits off our backs... for now. 03-banghead
09-06-2008 09:51 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

Ok, Berry has gone back and forth me on this
I will admit I perched Texas to high by themselves without giving Kstate and Colorado their due while OU and Neb were having their down years in the late 90's. But he continues to slam our conference and only puts WVU up as relevant. I am going to invite him to this thread to see if he would care to continue the conversation.

RE: Big East beatdown Big 12 in BCS‏
Sent: Sat 9/06/08 11:40 AM
To: Danny Grace (dgrace4cards@hotmail.com)

Danny: I know all about the Big East. Its regular season and its post-season. Its instability and its precarious place in the BCS. West Virginia keeps the conference alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 10:33 AM
To: Berry Tramel
Subject: RE: Big East beatdown Big 12 in BCS

So whats that say about you and your article in print regarding the Big East and not knowing its past few years regualar and post season. Comes across as somebody that doesn't know anything about football as well, huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RE: Big East beatdown Big 12 in BCS
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:08:39 -0500
To: dgrace4cards@hotmail.com

Danny: No promises. Frankly, anyone who thinks Texas ever carried the whole Big 12 doesn't really have any clue about college football. Texas has won one Big 12 title in the last 10 years.
09-06-2008 10:58 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.