Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
More on Matt Simms, Rutgers likely to get a visit as well
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
More on Matt Simms, Rutgers likely to get a visit as well
This came from the Boston College site, Phil says he had a good visit at BC and it was somewhat eye opening but is not ready to name a leader. Will make a couple of more unofficial visits as well and they will likely visit Rutgers. Here is a quote from Phil Simms.

Quote:"I know we're going to visit probably two more schools including Rutgers this weekend," he said. "The other program we're not sure of. We still have to weed through which schools he really wants to see, but I'm sure we will make a stop through Louisville since that is where I'm from."

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=555489
06-25-2006 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

UL and Simms would be a perfect fit.....I can't imagine a top QB wanting to play for BC.....BC is been a run oriented/play action team for yrs

Jackson
06-25-2006 10:00 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

What helps BC is their connection to Don Bosco Prep. Luckily we are establishing a good relationship with that school as well with Darius Mann and Brian Roche.

As long as Phil gets reassured that Petrino will be around IMHO we are the school to beat for Matt Simms.
06-25-2006 10:02 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:As long as Phil gets reassured that Petrino will be around IMHO we are the school to beat for Matt Simms.

-- I would think so....ULs offense is perfect for a classic/drop back style QB to put up huge #s

-- Isn't USF invovled with Simms as well?

Jackson
06-25-2006 10:05 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:As long as Phil gets reassured that Petrino will be around IMHO we are the school to beat for Matt Simms.

-- I would think so....ULs offense is perfect for a classic/drop back style QB to put up huge #s

-- Isn't USF invovled with Simms as well?

Jackson

Yep, it looks like Young Simms will be playing either at BC or somewhere in the Big East. Rutgers, UofL and USF are involved with him.

If he ends up at USF it could be very scary for the rest of the Big East. I am of the opinion they are a QB away from being the best team in the league.
06-25-2006 10:09 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

WVU is still the team to beat. But USF is building a good program down there, and the Bulls could turn out to be the real sleeper in the BEast.
06-25-2006 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bitcruncher Wrote:WVU is still the team to beat. But USF is building a good program down there, and the Bulls could turn out to be the real sleeper in the BEast.

I don't know man, USF is a quarterback away and UofL is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball for a while. Especially if we have another top 25 recruiting class. After this year in particular, the big east will become more wide open. The talent gap has already shrunk between the top two teams, I'll take Pitt and USF's talent any day of the week, they are just missing consistency. Talent wise next year the big east should be up for grabs.
06-25-2006 05:35 PM
Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats

kardphan Wrote:
bitcruncher Wrote:WVU is still the team to beat. But USF is building a good program down there, and the Bulls could turn out to be the real sleeper in the BEast.

I don't know man, USF is a quarterback away and UofL is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball for a while. Especially if we have another top 25 recruiting class. After this year in particular, the big east will become more wide open. The talent gap has already shrunk between the top two teams, I'll take Pitt and USF's talent any day of the week, they are just missing consistency. Talent wise next year the big east should be up for grabs.

I agree, after a while not even Wanny is going to continue to screw up the talent in Pittsburgh-(jk) Pitt fans, well maybe not with that Run Faster comment.

USF has a terrific defense-(IMO the best in the Big East) AND Rutgers is starting to wake up. UofL and WVU are the two best this year but IMHO starting in 2007 it will be anyone ballgame. You can see as many as 4 Big East schools in the Top 20 at the end of the 2007 season.
06-25-2006 05:53 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:
kardphan Wrote:

I agree, after a while not even Wanny is going to continue to screw up the talent in Pittsburgh-(jk) Pitt fans, well maybe not with that Run Faster comment.

USF has a terrific defense-(IMO the best in the Big East) AND Rutgers is starting to wake up. UofL and WVU are the two best this year but IMHO starting in 2007 it will be anyone ballgame. You can see as many as 4 Big East schools in the Top 20 at the end of the 2007 season.

Exactly, the big east isn't going to be a two horse race. We got the head start because anytime you get two studs like Micheal Bush and Brian Brohm you move to the front of the pack. Those two guys helped us sign other kids with just as much potential. Our football team has never been this stacked on both sides of the ball. I would of never imagined talent at UofL like this 3 or 4 yrs ago. When you look at what Rutgers is bringing in as well as Wanny keeping Western Penn talent, its going to be wide open. At some point talent begins to prevail, coaching takes your far but talent takes you further and wins you championships. I can't see Syracuse staying down much longer either. The big East is going to be highly competitive in a couple of years.

Right now nobody is recruiting better than Pitt. I know all of our studs are either freshman and sophmores right now. The 05 and 06 class will tell the tall tale where each program is at in a couple of years. The past two years have been our best recruiting classes and I expect even better this year.

Like I said its not easy recruiting kids out of FSU and Alabama/Auburn's back yard. You will be in a dogfight until that kid signs his name on the dotted line. Kids are being recruited up until signing day, so to me Verbals are cool, but they mean nothing until the kid is on the field.
06-26-2006 12:26 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.