Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Off Topic/North Korea has set off a Nuclear Device
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Off Topic/North Korea has set off a Nuclear Device
They have tested a Nuclear Weapon. Now one of the world true nut jobs has the bomb. Question will he sell his technology to the highest bidder.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10...index.html
10-08-2006 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

they are just trying to confirm the big bang theory... 03-idea
10-09-2006 07:42 AM
SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut
Re: Off Topic/North Korea has set off a Nuclear Device
Maize Wrote:They have tested a Nuclear Weapon. Now one of the world true nut jobs has the bomb. Question will he sell his technology to the highest bidder.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10...index.html

South Korea is dead.
North Korea run by a mad man with nuclear weapon.
10-09-2006 08:03 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

That's if they don't starve first. You can't eat a nuke.
10-09-2006 09:05 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

North Korea now has a real problem! They just pissed-off China.
10-09-2006 09:35 AM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

If South Korea is dead, then North Korea would be blasted off the face of the earth as soon as they lobbed a bomb at the South.
10-09-2006 10:17 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I am not worried about the North Korean's using the bomb themselves. I am worried that they will sell them to the highest bidders in order to get rich and bring some minor relief to the population. That would mean nukes have gotten into the hands of terrorists.
10-09-2006 10:33 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

army56mike Wrote:I am not worried about the North Korean's using the bomb themselves. I am worried that they will sell them to the highest bidders in order to get rich and bring some minor relief to the population. That would mean nukes have gotten into the hands of terrorists.

That is a real concern. Mike I have a cousin in the Marines station on Okinawa, I bet he is on alert as we speak!
10-09-2006 10:39 AM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

army, I agree with your worst fear as well, but the first terrorist bomb that went off would certainly be traced to North Korea. What do you think would happen to North Korea if that were to happen?
10-09-2006 10:57 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Brick City Pirate Wrote:army, I agree with your worst fear as well, but the first terrorist bomb that went off would certainly be traced to North Korea. What do you think would happen to North Korea if that were to happen?

And what do you think would happen to the 2nd ID stationed in South Korea. We attack them then about 30,000 US Army troops are GONE.
10-09-2006 11:08 AM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska

army56mike Wrote:I am not worried about the North Korean's using the bomb themselves. I am worried that they will sell them to the highest bidders in order to get rich and bring some minor relief to the population. That would mean nukes have gotten into the hands of terrorists.

North Korea needs revenue. They now have a source of revenue. North Korea is an international problem.
10-09-2006 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

My son's new bride's father is a retired from the air force and he is a good old german decent farmboy. However, my son's new mother-in-law is South Korean, she lives in Hawaii but is in South Korea right now, visiting family. My daugther-in-law's sister ( a U.S. citizen) is married to a South Korean. Suddenly, we now have ralatives there as well as the 30,000 U.S. soldiers. The world is complex!
10-09-2006 11:16 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Wilkie01 Wrote:North Korea now has a real problem! They just pissed-off China.

Agreed. Things with the Chinese haven't been as rosy as usual the past couple years. China is much more focused on trade and the economy and building working relationships with nations across the globe. They aren't the Communist stronghold they used to be. One of my Political Science professors who actually grew up in and did his undergraduate work in China feels within 20 to 30 years China won't be a one-party state anymore. Too much power and wealth being attained by the growing middle and upper classes and the young to allow it to continue. North Korea however should be very very worried about Japan's response. Japan has one of the most advanced militaries in the world right on par with the US and the UK. They may not be able to first-strike technically due to their constitution but if you think they're gonna take it from the North Koreans you have another thing coming.
10-09-2006 11:19 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

The A-bomb is the curse of man kind!
10-09-2006 11:22 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

brista21 Wrote:

Agreed. Things with the Chinese haven't been as rosy as usual the past couple years. China is much more focused on trade and the economy and building working relationships with nations across the globe. They aren't the Communist stronghold they used to be. One of my Political Science professors who actually grew up in and did his undergraduate work in China feels within 20 to 30 years China won't be a one-party state anymore. Too much power and wealth being attained by the growing middle and upper classes and the young to allow it to continue. North Korea however should be very very worried about Japan's response. Japan has one of the most advanced militaries in the world right on par with the US and the UK. They may not be able to first-strike technically due to their constitution but if you think they're gonna take it from the North Koreans you have another thing coming.

This is the Reagan Doctrine in action. It worked on the Soviets, now it is working on the Chinese. We will defend Japan with full nuclear capabilities.
10-09-2006 11:39 AM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Shannon Panther Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:

This is the Reagan Doctrine in action. It worked on the Soviets, now it is working on the Chinese. We will defend Japan with full nuclear capabilities.

I wouldn't consider this to be the Reagan Doctrine at all. China will come out of this wealthy and healthy (lol). They won't have to struggle like most of the post-Soviet nations including Russia have had to. This is likely precisely because we engaged them diplomatically and economically, and have led the way to doing business with them. The Japanese are right behind us in that too.
10-09-2006 11:55 AM
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Maize Wrote:
Brick City Pirate Wrote:army, I agree with your worst fear as well, but the first terrorist bomb that went off would certainly be traced to North Korea. What do you think would happen to North Korea if that were to happen?

And what do you think would happen to the 3rd ID stationed in South Korea. We attack them then about 30,000 US Army troops are GONE.
Just a little FYI, I thought I heard a little while back that we have re-deployed most of our troops there around Seoul; most are no longer at the border like they once were.

The reasoning behind this was for strategic reasons. The South Korean Army is now the main "trip wire" at the border, while US forces would be more effective coming up from the south if any invasion occured rather then being caught up in any initial onslaught.
10-09-2006 12:10 PM
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:

Brick City Pirate Wrote:If South Korea is dead, then North Korea would be blasted off the face of the earth as soon as they lobbed a bomb at the South.

China is more dangerous than North Korea because they have more than enough nuclear missiles that actually can reach the U.S. China claim Taiwan as their territories. If they decide to take it all we can do is protest.
We are busy with Iraq and Afghanistan is starting up again. Iran may test their nuclear bomb sometime soon. Another terrorism attack on U.S soil may be openings for North Korea look for to attack South Korea thinking American is too busy and they do have nuclear bomb. Do American have any will go to war with North Korea when they have their hand full in Iraq?
10-09-2006 12:35 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

SO#1 Wrote:
Brick City Pirate Wrote:If South Korea is dead, then North Korea would be blasted off the face of the earth as soon as they lobbed a bomb at the South.

China is more dangerous than North Korea because they have more than enough nuclear missiles that actually can reach the U.S.
I think China is mostly concerned about Japan in all of this. China doesn't want to see Japan start a nuke arsenal; China and Japan's history isn't exactly one of best relations.
10-09-2006 12:58 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

CardHouse Wrote:
SO#1 Wrote:

China is more dangerous than North Korea because they have more than enough nuclear missiles that actually can reach the U.S.
I think China is mostly concerned about Japan in all of this. China doesn't want to see Japan start a nuke arsenal; China and Japan's history isn't exactly one of best relations.

I think that is true. China would like to control Asia and I think that is their ultimate goal. The best way for peace is to have China and U.S. co-exist and strengthen their economic ties. It is hard to go to war when countries are so dependent on each other. Japan and rest of the Asia are investing heavily into China and I think that is a good thing for the long term. North Korea is a problem right now even for China. Let's hope somehow between China and the U.S. they can control North Korea.
10-09-2006 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.