Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Whole List Of Bowl Deals
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Whole List Of Bowl Deals
Here is a full list of bowl tie-ins for the upcoming season. The order of selection may be a slight bit different in a few cases but this is basically it. There will be 59 slots tied to specific conferences and 5 at-large spots available through the BCS and Poinsettia.

SEC
(1) BCS
(2) Capital One
(3) Cotton
(4) Outback
(5) Chick-Fil-A
(6) Independence
(7) Music City
(8) Liberty

BIG 12
(1) BCS
(2) Cotton
(3) Holiday
(4) Alamo
(5) Gator or Sun
(6) Independence
(7) Insight
(8) * Houston

ACC
(1) BCS
(2) Gator
(3) Chick-Fil-A
(4) Champs Sports
(5) Meineke Car Care
(6) Boise
(7) Music City
(8) Emerald

BIG TEN
(1) BCS
(2) Capital One
(3) Outback
(4) Alamo
(5) Insight
(6) Champs Sports
(7) Motor City

PAC-10
(1) BCS
(2) Holiday
(3) Sun
(4) Hawaii or Fort Worth
(5) Las Vegas
(6) Emerald

BIG EAST
(1) BCS
(2) Gator or Sun
(3) Meineke Car Care
(4) * Houston
(5) Toronto
(6) Birmingham

CUSA
(1) Liberty
(2) GMAC
(3) Birmingham
(4) Fort Worth or Hawaii
(5) New Orleans

MWC
(1) Las Vegas
(2) Fort Worth
(3) New Mexico
(4) Poinsettia

WAC
(1) Boise
(2) New Mexico
(3) Hawaii

MAC
(1) Motor City
(2) GMAC
(3) Toronto

SUN BELT
(1) New Orleans

AT-LARGE SLOTS
BCS Picks (4)
Poinsettia (1)

If the Houston Bowl dies, the Big 12 will try to sign their #8 to the Poinsettia Bowl instead. The Big East will simply be down to five bowls. Navy made their side deal with the Meineke Car Care Bowl for this reason (in case they lose their shot at the Poinsettia).
06-11-2006 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
pin on top
Thanks for the useful list. The moderators should pin this topic at the top of the page so that we can refer back to it whenever there is a question about who goes to what bowl and what bowls the Big East might be able to take later.

The BCS conferences all appear maxed out of bowls and most have good match ups. Those saying we need to dump the MAC and CUSA in Toronto and Birmingham are in a dream world. There are no more BCS opponents to be faced.

There should also be no problem with letting Houston die, putting a good plan together, and moving Big East #4 vs. Big 12 #8 to Tampa. That gives Navy back the Poinsettia and they can do one-year swaps when they wish for change.
06-12-2006 12:38 AM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU

Quote:ACC
(1) BCS
(2) Gator
(3) Chick-Fil-A
(4) Champs Sports
(5) Meineke Car Care
(6) Boise
(7) Music City
(8) Emerald
Chick-Fil-A is now #2, with the Gator dropping to #3. This was done so the #2 ACC team wouldn't be in Jacksonville twice within the month. Plus the Chick-Fil-A is vs the SEC, so it's a higher profile opponent, and the payout has been higher than the Gator for years.

Pretty sure the Music City is #6, the Emerald is #7, and the MPC Computers is #8.
06-12-2006 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

A few notes

-The SEC rotates their bowl selections into tiers. They do this so that the bowls do not select in the same order every year. They also guarantee a bowl an SEC team if the previous year the bowl was forced to take an at-large team,

1) BCS
2) Capital One
3-5) Chick-Fil-A, Cotton, Outback
6-8) Independence, Liberty, Music City

-The WAC and MAC don't guarantee where their bowl teams will go. The WAC tries to place teams regionally.

-The MWC bowl order is

1) Las Vegas
2) Pointsettia
3) Fort Worth
4) New Mexico

Each of these bowls have a component where the local team can be chosen instead of a team with a better record.
06-12-2006 06:20 AM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Whole List Of Bowl Deals
Thanks for the notes. As I said in the blue type, though, my aim was primarily just to show which bowls each league has locked up. We all know that the bowl selections are not rigidly locked to a particular spot in the standings. You can ask BC about that.
06-12-2006 01:20 PM
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
wiggle room
It is smarter for conferences to allow wiggle room that gives their bowl partners the teams which fit best geographically.
06-14-2006 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Dates & Times
National Champs has published a schedule of dates and times for the bowl games that will cap off the 2006 season.
06-15-2006 05:10 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

mattsarz Wrote:A few notes

-The SEC rotates their bowl selections into tiers. They do this so that the bowls do not select in the same order every year. They also guarantee a bowl an SEC team if the previous year the bowl was forced to take an at-large team,

1) BCS
2) Capital One
3-5) Chick-Fil-A, Cotton, Outback
6-8) Independence, Liberty, Music City

-The WAC and MAC don't guarantee where their bowl teams will go. The WAC tries to place teams regionally.

C-USA has a similar arrangment. After the Liberty and GMAC bowls get their pick, the remaining bowls get together to place teams based on geography and desired matchups.
06-15-2006 06:24 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

Re: Dates & Times
Krocker Krapp Wrote:National Champs has published a schedule of dates and times for the bowl games that will cap off the 2006 season.
He needs to move the Liberty Bowl to the 29th at 4:30pm. The Alamo Bowl still does not have a definite date and time and they are looking at moving the bowl to Sunday, January 7th.
06-15-2006 11:06 PM
gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:

It has been reported on the CUSA board that the Houston has found 2 new sponsor and one of them is the Houston Texasian. It is also reported that the teams match up is going to big12 vs cusa, with the big east as back up. I know nothing about this, just telling you what was said on our board by some houston/rice fans.
06-16-2006 07:09 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: Whole List Of Bowl Deals
Krocker Krapp Wrote:Here is a full list of bowl tie-ins for the upcoming season. The order of selection may be a slight bit different in a few cases but this is basically it. There will be 59 slots tied to specific conferences and 5 at-large spots available through the BCS and Poinsettia.

SEC
(1) BCS
(2) Capital One
(3) Cotton
(4) Outback
(5) Chick-Fil-A
(6) Independence
(7) Music City
(8) Liberty

BIG 12
(1) BCS
(2) Cotton
(3) Holiday
(4) Alamo
(5) Gator or Sun
(6) Independence
(7) Insight
(8) * Houston

ACC
(1) BCS
(2) Gator
(3) Chick-Fil-A
(4) Champs Sports
(5) Meineke Car Care
(6) Boise
(7) Music City
(8) Emerald

BIG TEN
(1) BCS
(2) Capital One
(3) Outback
(4) Alamo
(5) Insight
(6) Champs Sports
(7) Motor City

PAC-10
(1) BCS
(2) Holiday
(3) Sun
(4) Hawaii or Fort Worth
(5) Las Vegas
(6) Emerald

BIG EAST
(1) BCS
(2) Gator or Sun
(3) Meineke Car Care
(4) * Houston
(5) Toronto
(6) Birmingham

CUSA
(1) Liberty
(2) GMAC
(3) Birmingham
(4) Fort Worth or Hawaii
(5) New Orleans

MWC
(1) Las Vegas
(2) Fort Worth
(3) New Mexico
(4) Poinsettia

WAC
(1) Boise
(2) New Mexico
(3) Hawaii

MAC
(1) Motor City
(2) GMAC
(3) Toronto

SUN BELT
(1) New Orleans

AT-LARGE SLOTS
BCS Picks (4)
Poinsettia (1)

If the Houston Bowl dies, the Big 12 will try to sign their #8 to the Poinsettia Bowl instead. The Big East will simply be down to five bowls. Navy made their side deal with the Meineke Car Care Bowl for this reason (in case they lose their shot at the Poinsettia).

The Houston Bowl is going to be fine and it will be a Big 12 vs CUSA bowl.
the Big 12 has worked hard to keep the bowl for all the obvious reasons and will see that it has a team every year. More unstable is the independence Bowl in terms of filling its slots. CUSA will get that bowl as well after the smoke clears. Wit a 12 game schedule and the 6-6 thing we need 8 bowls and are close to having them.
06-19-2006 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Houston Bowl Robbery
TopCoog Wrote:The Houston Bowl is going to be fine and it will be a Big 12 vs CUSA bowl.
the Big 12 has worked hard to keep the bowl for all the obvious reasons and will see that it has a team every year. More unstable is the independence Bowl in terms of filling its slots. CUSA will get that bowl as well after the smoke clears. Wit a 12 game schedule and the 6-6 thing we need 8 bowls and are close to having them.
I guess you did not notice that Gdayre already beat you to that Earth shattering newsflash. Congratulations. The Big 12 and CUSA stabbed the Big East in the back to save your precious Houston Bowl. Good for you. As far as I am concerned, though, you can both take your oh so dear Houston Bowl and shove it up your Texas barbequed butts. I never wanted the thing and only viewed it as a stopgap until 2009 anyway.

The Big East will be fine. We need to get together with South Florida, Big Ten #8, the Outback people, George Steinbrenner, and other local investors to start a second Tampa Bowl in our own territory for next year. As for CUSA getting the Independence Bowl, they are not going to dump the SEC and Big 12 for you all, so dream on. You will scavenge more than six spots when other conferences do not have enough teams.
06-19-2006 03:15 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Here is the ONLY thing found in Houston Chronicle dated June 18th

The countdown is on for a decision on the Houston Bowl. Is anybody excited? The Big 12 and Conference USA have been at the forefront in negotiations to find a way for the bowl to survive. Why rush things? The bowl should take the year off to reorganize - not to mention pay about $1.2 million in debt - and reapply for certification in 2007. Don't we all wish we had that kind of time to fend off the bill collectors?

http://blogs.chron.com/big12/archives/20...son_h.html
06-19-2006 03:50 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Whole List Of Bowl Deals - Revised
Do not sweat it, Cubanbull, the news was supposedly broken by a TV station in Houston. Maybe no newspapers cared to report on it? I will update the bowl list here assuming that the Houston Bowl will now be Big 12 and CUSA anyway.
  • (8) SEC
    - BCS
    - Capital One
    - Cotton
    - Outback
    - Chick-Fil-A
    - Independence
    - Music City
    - Liberty

(8) BIG 12
    - BCS
    - Cotton
    - Holiday
    - Alamo
    - Sun or Gator
    - Independence
    - Insight
    - Houston

(8) ACC
    - BCS
    - Gator
    - Chick-Fil-A
    - Champs Sports
    - Meineke Car Care
    - Boise
    - Music City
    - Emerald

(7) BIG TEN
    - BCS
    - Capital One
    - Outback
    - Alamo
    - Insight
    - Champs Sports
    - Motor City

(6) PAC-10
    - BCS
    - Holiday
    - Sun
    - Hawaii or Fort Worth
    - Las Vegas
    - Emerald

(5) BIG EAST
    - BCS
    - Gator or Sun
    - Meineke Car Care
    - Toronto
    - Birmingham

(6) CUSA
    - Liberty
    - GMAC
    - Birmingham
    - Fort Worth or Hawaii
    - New Orleans
    - Houston

(4) MWC
    - Las Vegas
    - Fort Worth
    - New Mexico
    - Poinsettia

(3) WAC
    - Boise
    - New Mexico
    - Hawaii

(3) MAC
    - Motor City
    - GMAC
    - Toronto

(1) SUN BELT
    - New Orleans

(5) AT-LARGE SLOTS
    - BCS Picks (4)
    - Poinsettia (1)
    [/list:u]
    I took out the numbers since many conferences and bowls do not stick to a rigid selection order. Mike Tranghese and company better get on the phone, with the Big Ten and the Outback people, to get a Tampa Bowl set up for next year.
06-19-2006 04:15 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: Houston Bowl Robbery
Krocker Krapp Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:The Houston Bowl is going to be fine and it will be a Big 12 vs CUSA bowl.
I guess you did not notice that Gdayre already beat you to that Earth shattering newsflash. Congratulations. The Big 12 and CUSA stabbed the Big East in the back to save your precious Houston Bowl. Good for you. As far as I am concerned, though, you can both take your oh so dear Houston Bowl and shove it up your Texas barbequed butts. I never wanted the thing and only viewed it as a stopgap until 2009 anyway.

The Big East will be fine. We need to get together with South Florida, Big Ten #8, the Outback people, George Steinbrenner, and other local investors to start a second Tampa Bowl in our own territory for next year. As for CUSA getting the Independence Bowl, they are not going to dump the SEC and Big 12 for you all, so dream on. You will scavenge more than six spots when other conferences do not have enough teams.

Calm down Krocker. Nobody is dissing the Big east. The fact is that Big East was never a good fit for the houston Bowl. Everyone down here was scratching their heads when that deal was made. As a point of information we already have six bowls and are working on three #1 back up positions. Thats all we need in a 12 team league. Most of the bowls we have are in our geographic footprint.

1.Liberty vs SEC
2.GMAC vs MAC
3.Hawaii/wac-Ft Worth-MWC (alternate years)
4. birmingham vs Big east
5. Houston vs Big 12
6. New orleans vs Sun Belt
#1 back up- Independence bowl
#1 back up- Boise bowl

Its not a bad line up for poor ole CUSA, wouldn't you say.
06-19-2006 04:35 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Strictly Business
TopCoog Wrote:Calm down Krocker. Nobody is dissing the Big east. The fact is that Big East was never a good fit for the houston Bowl. Everyone down here was scratching their heads when that deal was made. As a point of information we already have six bowls and are working on three #1 back up positions. Thats all we need in a 12 team league. Most of the bowls we have are in our geographic footprint.

1.Liberty vs SEC
2.GMAC vs MAC
5. Houston vs Big 12
#1 back up- Boise bowl

I am happy for you. But do not come here like you want to rub in taking the Houston Bowl away or something. The Houston Bowl approached the Big East because they wanted two BCS conferences. That is the only reason they picked the Big East. Did it make geographic sense? No! Should the Big East have turned them down? No! It was strictly business.

I was never in favor of the Big East having the Houston Bowl but there were no other alternatives at the time. This was only to be a stopgap deal until 2009 anyway. By that time people are hoping the Big Apple Bowl is ready and a second Tampa Bowl is finally set up. We were never, at any time, looking at the Houston Bowl as a permanent arrangement.
06-19-2006 04:50 PM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

Re: Whole List Of Bowl Deals
TopCoog Wrote:If the Houston Bowl dies, the Big 12 will try to sign their #8 to the Poinsettia Bowl instead. The Big East will simply be down to five bowls. Navy made their side deal with the Meineke Car Care Bowl for this reason (in case they lose their shot at the Poinsettia).

The Houston Bowl is going to be fine and it will be a Big 12 vs CUSA bowl.

The I-Bowl is not as unstable because of how it fills its spots, but because they have trouble finding title sponsors to help with the costs. It's been like that for at least 3-4 years, but it keeps hanging on. The bowl was originally formed to fill a need for the Southern Conference when it was a I-A conference. It wouldn't do bad if it could get some of the Big 12 South teams instead of the Big 12 North teams its had the past couple years.
06-19-2006 05:41 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: Strictly Business
Krocker Krapp Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:Calm down Krocker. Nobody is dissing the Big east. The fact is that Big East was never a good fit for the houston Bowl. Everyone down here was scratching their heads when that deal was made. As a point of information we already have six bowls and are working on three #1 back up positions. Thats all we need in a 12 team league. Most of the bowls we have are in our geographic footprint.

1.Liberty vs SEC
2.GMAC vs MAC
5. Houston vs Big 12
#1 back up- Boise bowl

I am happy for you. But do not come here like you want to rub in taking the Houston Bowl away or something. The Houston Bowl approached the Big East because they wanted two BCS conferences. That is the only reason they picked the Big East. Did it make geographic sense? No! Should the Big East have turned them down? No! It was strictly business.

I was never in favor of the Big East having the Houston Bowl but there were no other alternatives at the time. This was only to be a stopgap deal until 2009 anyway. By that time people are hoping the Big Apple Bowl is ready and a second Tampa Bowl is finally set up. We were never, at any time, looking at the Houston Bowl as a permanent arrangement.

That Tampa bowl you mentioned might be a good spot for a second BE vs CUSA game.
06-20-2006 12:29 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Re: Strictly Business
TopCoog Wrote:
Krocker Krapp Wrote:

1.Liberty vs SEC
2.GMAC vs MAC
5. Houston vs Big 12
#1 back up- Boise bowl

That Tampa bowl you mentioned might be a good spot for a second BE vs CUSA game.

Wow, that just makes me sooooooo happy!!!! 03-yawn
06-20-2006 09:39 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Less Interaction Not More Interaction
TopCoog Wrote:That Tampa bowl you mentioned might be a good spot for a second BE vs CUSA game.
TopCoog, this is not personal, so please do not take this personally, but I want nothing to do with CUSA. I do not really even want one bowl against CUSA, much less two.

My idea for a Tampa Bowl is Big East #4 against a BCS opponent. Our #5 can play a MAC team in Toronto and our #6 - if eligible - can take on a CUSA team in Birmingham.

Since the only realistic BCS opponent without a contract from 2007 through 2009 is Big Ten #8, that is who I would prefer Mike Tranghese to set a Tampa Bowl up with.

The Big East needs to do our own thing and CUSA needs to do your own thing. We need less interaction, not more interaction. That will be a healthier path for everybody.
06-21-2006 09:40 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.